Discount Code AvailableHave you already purchased Lens Essentials? Copy this discount code RETRObundle:CCGLensEss and paste it at checkout to get a $10.80 discount (one per customer).
First 3 Free:
Try before you buy. The first 3 sections of this class are available for free. Simply select "First 3 Free" from the drop list above before hitting the "Add to Cart" button. No credit card information required.
What other's say about this class:
"A welcome intro. I watched the first three free chapters, thinking I wouldn't learn anything, since I've been using my Canon 5D Mark III for years. Yikes! There is a lot of change in the new R5. So I purchased the course, and I'm very glad I did." Mark F.
"John goes through all of the menu options and provides a great explanation of how the camera works. I really enjoyed the course and got a lot out of it." John D.
"Worth it! Great teacher. The set up with the camera, large screen monitor, and the filming was brilliant. Sometimes he talked too fast—but there is always rewind for we slower learners. Well Done. The three free lessons convinced me that this was a good deal." David G.
*** Updated for Firmware Version 1.6.0 ***
The Canon EOS R5 is the camera that many Canon fans have been patiently waiting for. This video guide will take you through every aspect of the cameras operation in a well planned and thorough course. This highly illustrated guide will show you how operate every aspect of the camera and give you examples of the many photographic options. Numerous demonstrations are shown on how to customize the camera for a variety of purposes.
This feature-packed and easy to follow class will take you step by step into the cameras features and functions. From beginners to pros, you’ll be coming back to review the class again and again; each time picking up a deeper level of understanding.
- 20 videos in High Definition (HD)
- 8h 15m of class content
- Printable class material
- Fully downloadable files that you own forever
- Learn about the many focus options including face detection for both people and animals
- Explore the movie options; learning the ins and outs of shooting Full HD, 4K and 8K
- Discover the many available accessories and how they can help you out
- See a wide array of customization options and how they can make shooting faster and easier
- Get to know the various mechanical & electronic shutter settings and when to use them
Who is this class for?
- Experienced Canon shooters wanting to learn about the many new features and custom options available
- Photographers new to the Canon mirrorless system wanting learn the ropes
- Anyone wishing to learn about the many exposure and focus options and customization
- All photographers who aspire to become an expert in their camera in the shortest amount of time
The guide is highly organized to help you find important information quickly.
- Introduction - 19 min - FREE SECTION
- Camera Basics - 14 min - FREE SECTION
- Exposure Controls - 48 min - FREE SECTION
- Focus Controls - 29 min
- Drive Settings - 16 min
- Buttons & Dials - 23 min
- Viewfinder & Monitor - 16 min
- Quick Menu - 12 min
- Movie Shooting - 29 min
- Camera Connections - 14 min
- Lenses - 12 min
- Shooting Menu - 71 min
- Movie Shooting Menu - 31 min
- AF Menu - 29 min
- Playback Menu - 17 min
- Network Menu - 13 min
- Setup Menu - 24 min
- Custom Functions & My Menu - 46 min
- Field Setup - 13 min
- Firmware Updates [1.4.0 to 1.6.0] - 11 min
What is a Complete Camera Guide?
A Complete Camera Guide is a thorough walkthrough of a camera’s operations and features. Each section addresses a different aspect of the camera with detailed explanations and recommendations.
Topics are supported with easy to understand visuals and animations; a popular learning style for photographers of all levels. An in-depth dive through the entire menu, along with the recommendations, will ensure you have everything you need to customize the camera for your specific needs.
How do you access the files?
There are three ways you can access your purchase:
- On the Order Confirmation page, click on "Click here to download your digital goods"
- Via the link that will be emailed to you
- From your John Greengo Photography account page
Course download sizes:
- 20 video files (mp4) & 1 PDF - 4.4GB total [Full Course]
- 3 video files (mp4) - 784MB total [First3Free version]
We use SendOwl for our download service.