What other's say about this class:
96.4% of students recommend this class
"John Greengo was fresh, exciting and entertaining. He was extremely well prepared for this class, and I loved hearing little nuggets from such a seasoned travel photographer. The course provided great content and ideas I can take with me on my next trip!" Erika
" As usual John has been an awesome instructor. He is so energetic and fun. I love taking his courses and this was no different. I absolutely loved it. I have learned so much by taking his courses. Thanks John for all you do to help us beginners out." Tonya
" So inspiring! This class is so comprehensive and I look forward to applying all of Greengo's tips. He is a wonderful instructor and the example photos are breathtaking." M Maxwell
All reviews are available at CreativeLive
Are you going on a once in a lifetime trip and want to have photos that you can share with friends and family? Do the decisions of what to bring, where to shoot, and what to capture feel overwhelming? Travel photography can feel challenging, time consuming, and expensive. But with the right tools you can plan and prioritize to come home with images that you treasure.
Join photographer, educator and author John Greengo, who has photographed all over the world, as he guides you through all of the steps that you need to capture the photos that you want during your travels. This class will offer different plans of what to bring, and how to create a realistic agenda based on your priorities, whether it’s documenting your trip, telling a story through photographs, or simply capturing great images.
John will teach you:
- What gear to pack based on your goals.
- How to create a media storage plan and workflow while traveling.
- Best practices on how to find and scout the best locations to photograph.
- How to approach locals and build trust before taking their portraits.
- Camera techniques and settings for different shooting scenarios.
- Different types of travel photos, such as The Walk Away, The T-Shot, and Environmental Portrait.
- What to do with your photos once you’ve returned home.
Don’t let the challenges of travel photography keep you from capturing images that will provide you with lifelong memories. Join John Greengo to learn the best techniques, tools, and technology to capture great photos no matter you limitations in time, money and resources.
- Class Introduction - FREE SECTION
- Travel Photography: The Challenges
- T ravel Photography: The Rewards
- Setting Expectations & Research
- Travel Gear
- Health, Safety & Security
- Gear: General Advice
- Gear: Cameras
- Gear: Lenses
- Gear: Tripods
- Gear: Filters
- Gear: Camera Accessories
- Gear: Final Thoughts
- Camera Checks
- Technique: Camera Settings
- Advanced Techniques - FREE SECTION
- Workflow & Composition Ideas
- Locations: Blue Mosque & Charles Bridge
- Locations: Opera House & Dumbo
- Locations: Ait Ben Haddu & Taksang Monastery
- Details: Buildings
- Details: Pattern
- Details: Collections, Vignette & Close Up
- People: Street & Candid
- People: Telephoto & Chaos Theory
- People: The Walk Away & The T-Shot
- People: Environmental Portrait
- People: Building Trust & Classic Portrait
- End of the Road