Discount Code AvailableHave you already purchased Lens Essentials? Copy this discount code RETRObundle:CCGLensEss and paste it at checkout to get a $10.80 discount (one per customer).
First 3 Free:
Try before you buy. The first 3 sections of this class are available for free. Simply select "First 3 Free" from the drop list above before hitting the "Add to Cart" button. No credit card information required.
What other's say about this class:
"In-depth review from a respected pro. I relied on JG's review of my last camera (D750) and knew that I wanted the same level of detail for my new Sony mirrorless. Overall it's a great reference to have, but there are two major reasons that it's my favorite: 1. The most important things like metering and focusing are given extra-deep treatment, and 2. The video shows you exactly HOW to do everything, when he gives close-ups of the cameras screens and controls while he is demonstrating everything. The reference materials are excellent, and it's nice to have a map of all the menu screens." Don T.
Updated for Firmware Versions 1.05 to 2.00Future firmware updates may also be added when the updates significantly alter the operation of the camera.
The Sony A7 IV redefines what a “standard” camera offers and is capable of. This class will walk you through this highly refined and sophisticated camera with detailed explanations and visual examples. You’ll learn how to control and customize the exposure, focus and drive systems and much more.
By the end of this class your camera will be set up and customized to your preferred shooting style and needs. You’ll understand what the camera is capable of and how to make the most of it. Most importantly you’ll have the knowledge and confidence to head out on any adventure knowing that you and your A7 IV will be able to make the most of it.
- 19 videos in High Definition (HD)
- 8h 46m class content
- Printable class material
- Fully downloadable files that you own forever
- Plus BONUS MATERIAL for firmware updates: 18 min video & 1 PDF
- Detailed walkthrough of exposure, focus, drive and other critical systems
- Learn about the many focus options including face detection for both people and animals
- Wide variety of suggested customized settings with examples and demonstrations
Who is this class for?
- Anyone new to mirrorless or Sony looking to master the possibilities
- Longtime photographers looking to brush up on the modern features and technology
- Everyone looking to gain an extensive understand of one of today’s great cameras
The guide is highly organized to help you find important information quickly.
- Introduction - 21 min - FREE SECTION
- Camera Basics - 12 min - FREE SECTION
- Exposure Controls - 51 min - FREE SECTION
- Focus Controls - 36 min
- Drive Settings - 22 min
- Buttons & Dials - 23 min
- Viewfinder & Monitor - 12 min
- Function Menu - 14 min
- Movie Shooting - 35 min
- Camera Connections - 15 min
- Lenses - 14 min
- My Menu - 13 min
- Shooting Menu - 76 min
- Exposure/Color Menu - 22 min
- Focus Menu - 30 min
- Playback Menu - 12 min
- Network Menu - 20 min
- Setup Menu - 75 min
- Field Setup - 15 min
- Firmware Updates [1.05 to 2.00] - 18 min - BONUS VIDEO
What is a Complete Camera Guide?
A Complete Camera Guide is a thorough walkthrough of a camera’s operations and features. Each section addresses a different aspect of the camera with detailed explanations and recommendations.
Topics are supported with easy to understand visuals and animations; a popular learning style for photographers of all levels. An in-depth dive through the entire menu, along with the recommendations, will ensure you have everything you need to customize the camera for your specific needs.
How do you access the files?
There are three ways you can access your purchase:
- On the Order Confirmation page, click on "Click here to download your digital goods"
- Via the link that will be emailed to you
- From your John Greengo Photography account page (course download instructions)
Course download sizes:
- 20 video files (mp4) & 2 PDF - 8.1GB total [Full Course]
- 3 video files (mp4) - 1.3GB total [First3Free version]
We use SendOwl for our download service.