Discount Code AvailableHave you already purchased Composition Essentials? Copy this discount code RETRObundle:PhotographyComposition and paste it at checkout to get a $13.80 discount (one per customer).
Try before you buy. The first section of this class is available for free. Simply select "Free Introduction" from the drop list above before hitting the "Add to Cart" button. No credit card information required.
The essential principles of photography are the most important ideas and concepts you will need for success in your photographic journey. This class will instill a deep understanding of the core concepts applicable to every genre of photography.
Not just for beginners
While this class is a great start for anyone new to photography, it is just as valuable for those that have been experimenting on their own and now want to develop a deeper understanding. Learning on your own is a great way of discovering concepts and understanding their importance. In this class John draws on his decades of education and experience to distill the important ideas into highly visual lessons that make mastering each concept fast and easy.
Furthering your photography will come in two ways: education and experience. If you want to ensure that your photographic knowledge is where it should be, this class is for you. When you are rock solid on the essential elements, you’ll be in the best position to make the most from your experiences on your own unique photographic journey.
- 12 videos in High Definition (HD)
- 6 hours of class content
- Class Notes (printable PDF)
- Learning Projects Workbook (printable PDF)
- Video Index (printable PDF)
- Fully downloadable files that you own forever and/or stream each video
- Detailed explanation of key exposure elements: Shutter Speed, ISO & Aperture
- Thorough guide to focus options for both mirrorless and DSLR cameras
- Highly visual instruction with example photos, diagrams, animations and more
Who is this class for?
- Photographers getting back into the game
- New photographers
- Anyone looking to build a strong foundation of photographic knowledge
- Introduction & Camera - 22 min - FREE SECTION
- Shutter - 52 min [includes: Learning Projects 1 & 2, Quiz]
- Sensor - 31 min [includes: Learning Project 3]
- Lens - 20 min [includes: Learning Project 4]
- Aperture - 12 min
- Depth-of-Field - 24 min [includes: Learning Project 5, Quiz]
- Focus - 38 min
- Metering - 22 min
- Exposure - 39 min
- Settings - 38 min
- Light - 18 min
- Composition & Conclusion - 38 min
How do you access the files?
There are three ways you can access your purchase:
- On the Order Confirmation page, click on "Click here to download your digital goods"
- Via the link that will be emailed to you
- From your John Greengo Photography account page (course download instructions)
Course download sizes:
- 12 video files (mp4) & 3 PDF files - 5.2GB total [Full Course]
- 1 video file (mp4) - 368MB total [Free Introduction]
We use SendOwl for our download service.