Try before you buy. The first section of this class is available for free. Simply select "Free Introduction" from the drop list above before hitting the "Add to Cart" button. No credit card information required.
You can also watch the first section online by scrolling down the page.
What others say about this class:
"As a retired educator after teaching 54 years at the college and university level, I know a master teacher when I see one. I have just finished your Lens Essentials course, and you sir are a master teacher. I really learned a lot in my first time through this course." Howard Y.
Lens Essentials is the perfect education for any photographer wanting to master the art of choosing the right lens. This class will educate you on everything all photographers need to know for making smart lens choices. Applicable to all brands and styles of camera, this class will teach you about the available options and the pros and cons of the many choices.
A clear and detailed explanation of the focal length and aperture options will take you through the first level of lens choice. Diving deeper into the technology and features you’ll learn about the extras that can help you get the most of your lenses. A full tour of recommended lenses will help you map out how you can build a lens system that matches your needs.
Specialty lenses like - Macro, Fisheye, and Tilt Shift, will also be explored to show you what they can do and why you may need or want one. Lens accessories are also covered, with explanation of what’s available and how they can help you make better photographs.
Instruction and information in this class applies to ALL LENS SYSTEMS. The following lens mount systems are used in the class for example purposes: Canon RF, Nikon Z, Sony FE, Fujifilm X, OM System (Olympus) Micro Four Thirds.
- 9 videos in High Definition (HD)
- 7 h 7 m of class content
- Class Notes (printable PDF)
- Video Index (printable PDF)
- Fully downloadable files that you own forever and/or stream each video
- A visual tour of the available lenses and their uses
- Explanation of the technology and features found in lenses
- A recommendations guide for the best lenses for a variety of applications
- Detailed guide for choosing the best lens for: portrait, action, and landscape
Who is this class for?
- Anyone looking to purchase a new lens
- Photographers looking to master the use of their current lenses
- New photographers looking to become more knowledgeable about lenses
- Basics - 58 min - FREE SECTION [watch below or download for free]
- Focal Length - 45 min
- Aperture - 49 min
- Technology - 62 min
- Features - 25 min
- Recommendations - 53 min
- Specialty Lenses - 39 min
- Accessories - 37 min
- Building a System - 56 min
Watch section 1 for free:
How do you access the files?
There are three ways you can access your purchase:
- On the Order Confirmation page, click on "Click here to download your digital goods"
- Via the link that will be emailed to you
- From your John Greengo Photography account page (course download instructions)
Course download sizes:
- 9 video files (mp4) & 2 PDF files - 6.5GB total [Full Course]
- 1 video file (mp4) - 878MB total [Free Introduction]
We use SendOwl for our download service.